I’ve always been a pretty healthy eater, but this past year I’ve made it a commitment to focus on my diet. The baby weight just doesn’t come off as quickly with the second kid. Ugh. So frustrating! I’m just now getting under my pre-baby weight nearly 2 years later! But I digress.
I know what works for me and my weight loss journey and a Keto-friendly or low carb diet gives me the quickest results! I was trying to find new recipes that my husband and kids would also love and made up this super yummy dish that we literally eat at least once every 2 weeks. I hope you and your family enjoy, too!
I had perfected this recipe by baking the cauliflower tots in the oven but I got this air fryer for my birthday and YOU GUYS, it is life changing. It makes the tots so crispy. If you don’t have an air fryer, your life will forever be changed by one, trust me.
Keto Tater Tot Skillet
Olive oil cooking spray
1 bag of cauliflower tater tots
1 lb of ground turkey
1 Tbsp avocado oil or olive oil
1/2 cup of yellow onion
1/2 cup of red pepper
1/2 jalapeno (optional)
1/2 tsp garlic powder
Salt and pepper to taste
Mozzarella cheese for serving
Sriracha ranch or regular ranch for serving
- Spray the basket of the air fryer evenly with the cooking spray. Pour the bag of cauliflower tots into the air fryer and cook at 400 degrees for 15 minutes, shaking the basket once every 5 minutes to allow them to cook evenly.
- While the tots cook, warm up 1 Tbsp of olive oil in a separate, large skillet and add the ground turkey. Cook until brown. Season with garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste.
- Once you’ve got the turkey started, chop up all of the vegetables and saute them in 1 Tbsp of olive oil until they are soft and only slightly crunchy.
- Once all items are cooked, you can compile your bowl! First layer the cooked & crispy cauliflower tots, then layer a few spoonfuls of the ground turkey. The veggies go on last (my kids won’t eat these so I cook them separate).
- Top with mozzarella (or for a fun twist, feta) cheese & sriracha or regular ranch!
Hope you and your family enjoy! Let me know what you think of this recipe in the comments below. 🙂